Saturday, March 19, 2016

I Call Out To Dry Bones...Come Alive!

I’ve been going through a struggle for a about a month with my health, but I’m getting better.  I shared that just to say that sometimes it’s difficult to understand the messages that God puts in my heart to share.  I even asked my wife how I could share this one considering what I  been going through.  How?  She said, “You just do it. “


I want to declare that your season of resurrection and restoration is within your reach.  It doesn’t matter what your situation looks like, sounds like, or feels like, I want to prophesy that transformation is a breath away.  There is nothing too hard for the God we serve.


I don’t know what your situation or your problem is, but I can tell you that God is bigger than whatever it is.


He can turn a red sea into an interstate to freedom, He can make living water to flow out of a rock, He can open blind eyes, unstop deaf ears, make the lame to walk, and He can burn cancer out of your body.  Our God can raise the dead, walk on water, calm the storm, and feed the multitude with a sack lunch.  Our God can deliver the drug addict, free the alcoholic, save them from sin, and fill them with the Holy Ghost in one step.  He can heal broken hearts, restore marriages and put families back together again.


I just wanted to remind you, and maybe remind myself too, that our God can do anything!


Ezekiel 37:1-37


Our text begins by saying, “He set me down in a valley full of bones.”


The Bible is very clear here, this valley is filled with bones; not bodies, but bones.  It is not a picture of encouragement.  It is speaking of brokenness, separation, confusion, disorder, and pain.  This scene tells us that there has been a very destructive encounter that has created great suffering and pain.


I’m writing this for some people who know exactly what I’m talking about.  You are experiencing something in your own life that has caused a brokenness, separation, and has brought disorder and pain into your life and it has left you hurt and confused.


Proverbs 17:22 - “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine but a broken spirit drieth the bones.”


I’m writing this for someone who is suffering from a broken heart, somebody who has lost the moisture of life, the joy of living is gone and you are just going through the motions.
Somebody reading this message has been wounded: That’s just part of life, it’s going to happen sooner or later.

The problem is that many who have been wounded, have never gotten healed, and if a wound does not heal it will become infected and poison will begin to enter the body and get in the blood stream and if it is not caught soon enough it will kill you.


I’m not criticizing anybody, I’m not putting you down, and I’m not making fun of you. It happens to everyone, if you live long enough somebody is going to hurt you.  That’s called life: And if you don’t get healed, your heart will become dry and calloused, and you will become dull, insensitive, and indifferent.


God supernaturally, divinely, and sovereignly deposits his prophet into the middle of this tremendous misery and chaos.  God put his prophet where he needed him and he told him to prophesy:


“So I prophesied as I was commanded, and as I prophesied there was a noise and a shaking.”


As I prophesied: not as I preached, or sang, or even prayed, but prophesied!  To prophesy in this context means to boldly declare the will and purpose of God in a particular situation or circumstance.  As the divine revealed will and purpose of God was declared over these bones there was a noise. There was a work taking place deep on the inside, of those bones and they were shaking under the anointing of the Power of God that was being released in the realm of the prophetic.


As these bones were shaking they began to move around and they begin to knock up against each other.  There began to be some fellowship, and communication.  Where there had been complete isolation separation and division, now there was contact and communication.


Just because you are in the same place at the same time, doesn’t mean that there is fellowship and communion.  Just because you are singing from the same song book, and listening to the same sermon doesn’t mean you love each other.  There are families that live under the same roof that seldom ever speak to each other, they never sit down to dinner together, and not because they’re too busy, it’s because they don’t want to.


There are husbands and wives that sleep in the same bed, but resent being touched by each other, and there are churches in the same shape.  There are people sitting in our churches today that can’t stand each other, they sit on opposite sides of the church and cut their eyes back and forth, and criticize everything they see each other say and do. There are people sitting in our churches that have unforgiveness, and resentment, and bitterness in their hearts.


These bones represent lives that are in a mess.  There is strife, envy, and confusion.  There is competition, pride, and resentment.  There’s rebellion and selfishness.  And the result: The spirit is gone, the life is gone, the joy is gone, the anointing is gone, and nothing is left but a pile of dry bones.


We need the Holy Ghost to begin doing a work on us from the inside out: You see I have come to understand that we are pretty good at hiding our ”stuff.”  We have learned how to hide pride, unforgiveness, and resentment and still shout: We have learned how to dress up rebellion in religion and tradition and oppose anything God tries to do.


I don’t know what your reason for being dry is today.  I don’t know who hurt you, or who took advantage of you, or if you just decided you were going to be resentful, selfish, and rebellious.  I don’t know if somebody broke your heart and now you’re calloused and indifferent and dry.  But I know that the same God that brought these bones back to life is waiting to heal you right now.


As Ezekiel Prophesied something began to happen not just to those bones, but in those bones.  I’ve heard the old timers use the phrase, “I can feel it in my bones!”


Something started happening in those bones.  We get all excited about what we see happen to those bones, but I’m just as excited about what you couldn’t see happening in those bones.  You see before sinew, and the flesh, and the skin, there was an inner healing that took place, While the prophet was prophesying something was happening in the realm of the spirit, in the hidden place.


While Ezekiel was prophesying : Confusion was leaving, anger was leaving, brokenness, pain, and disappointment were leaving. Criticism, jealousy, selfishness, and pride were leaving.  God doesn’t do a halfway job. It’s not just about looking good.  It’s not about knowing how to have church, knowing when to shout, when to cry, when to lift your hands, or when to dance; it’s about being healed, and restored, it’s about the Joy of the Lord that is our strength, it’s about having the Spirit of God on the inside flowing through me like a river.  It’s about a life that glorifies God.


I choose to be healed!  I choose to forgive!  I choose to be merciful!


How many marriages today are just going through the motions?  How many of God’s people have lost their first love, lost their hunger and lost their passion for God, and now they’re just going through the motions.


It is not my goal to criticize you, to accuse you. or put you down, I want to prophesy to you:


The Spirit of God is moving in the secret places, the healing oil of God is saturating dry bones!  Rejection is being healed, anger and unforgiveness are being healed, bitterness and hatred are being healed, fear, confusion, and disorder are being healed!


The wind of God is blowing right now!


“I prophesy to the wind, come from the four winds O breath and breathe upon these slain that they may live”


I prophesy to you and declare to you: It ain’t over!  You will love again! You will dream again!  You will sing again!  You will laugh again!  You will preach again!


Can these bones live?  Can they ever be what they were intended be?  Will they ever be the mighty army of God?

Yes they can!


No comments:

Post a Comment