Saturday, October 7, 2017

The Chain Breaker



Isaiah 61:1
“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;”

There are many kinds of captivities, various types of chains that hold people in their grip, people are bound by many prison, but there is one God who can break them all – His name is Jesus!

There is spiritual captivity, emotional captivity, and mental captivity. There is the bondage of addictions, lust, and various other evil desires that hold millions of lives in chains. There is the prison of sickness and disease, poverty and lack, and the prison of fear.
According to the Word of God, Jesus came to set the captives free!

Luke 4:18

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised”

Acts 10:38

“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”

Psalm 107:20

“He sent his word and healed them and delivered them from all their destructions”

Today, the Spirit of God is upon me, and he has anointed me to give you a word that has the power to set you free in every area of your life! I have been anointed today to proclaim to you the good news that Jesus saves, delivers, and heals!

The same spirit, the same Holy Ghost anointing and power that was upon Jesus, to preach deliverance to the captives lives in me! There is no captivity, there are no chains, there is no bondage or prison that cannot be broken in the mighty name of Jesus!

I talk to people all the time about their chains, the things that have them bound; things that they just can’t seem to break free from. I always ask them the same thing: Do you want to be free? Just like Jesus asked the man on the porch, “Do you want to be healed?”

It’s that simple, Jesus is waiting for you to turn your situation over to Him. “Well preacher,” they say, “That’s easy for you to say, you don’t know what it’s like to be in my shoes.”

Yes, I do! I was addicted to drugs and alcohol for years, and He Jesus delivered me! I smoked two packs a day, Jesus set me free! I serve a Jesus that healed me from cancer. Jesus has the power to deliver! And I refuse to accept your weak understanding of my Jesus!

Don’t talk to me about a Jesus that can save your soul from hell, but can’t deliver you from nicotine, alcohol, or drugs! Don’t talk to me about blood that was shed on a cross to redeem your soul, but can’t heal your wounded heart, and deliver you from bitterness, and rejection!

I am not going to listen to a testimony about a Jesus who can save your soul, but can’t deliver your mind from the tormenting power of the enemy! Because I serve a Jesus that breaks every chain, destroys every captivity, opens every prison door, and lays my enemies at my feet! That’s the Jesus I want you to see today!

The God of the bible, His name is Jesus, He not only saves, but He delivers and Heals!

I don’t know what your captivity is, but I have a personal relationship with Jesus, and I know from experience that He can set you free!

He delivered Daniel from lions, and the Hebrew children from a fiery furnace. He gave David the strength to kill a bear, a lion, and a giant named Goliath. He opened the prison doors and Peter walked out. He gave Paul and Silas the courage to praise him after being beaten and thrown in a dungeon – and they walked out free men.

He made the lame walk, gave sight to the blind, and raised the dead – and He did these things many times, in front of many witnesses – leaving no doubt that Jesus is the God that delivers!

On the day of Pentecost, His Spirit blew into a room filled with 120 men and women with the Holy Ghost and with power! We can instantly see the transformational power of the Holy Ghost when Peter, a man who had just a short time before, denied that he even knew Jesus to save his own bacon, got up and preached to all who were in Jerusalem and 3,000 repented and were baptized in the name of Jesus!

The same God that saves, will fill you with the Holy Ghost, and give you the power to be delivered from your chains!

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever!

If he could deliver the demoniac and set him free, he can deliver you!

I came to proclaim good news to those who are captive today: I don’t care what you are going through, Jesus can deliver you. He set me free from alcohol and drug addiction, he broke the chains off my life when I surrendered to His love and power. Jesus saved me, He healed me, and He filled me with the Holy Ghost. 

I know there are many kinds of chains, but I also know the “Chain Breaker!”



No comments:

Post a Comment