Saturday, August 22, 2015

Let Us Get Over, And Go Over

Mark 4:35 – “On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, “Let us cross over to the other side.” 

“Let us cross over to the other side,” That’s the Word of the Lord to someone right now, and you need to hear it.  The Lord has spoken to you and given you a word, listen to what I’m saying; someone has a word from God!

God said, “Your prodigal children are coming home.”
He told somebody, “Your ministry is about to go to another level of effectiveness.”
He told you, “Your prayers for a godly spouse are going to be met.”
He has proclaimed to someone, “I will break the chains of your addiction!”

“Hold on, trust in Me, stay in the boat and keep calm.  We’re going to the other side!”

You have a word from the Lord, but your circumstances seem to be challenging your word.  Listen, between your word and the other side you’re going to have to endure a storm.  Between Your word and the other side you’re going to have to stay on course.  Between your promise and it’s manifestation you’re going to have to fight the good fight of faith.  It’s important that you remember in the struggle, the enemy may have enough power to challenge the word that God gave you, but he doesn’t have the power to change the word that God gave you!

Jesus said, “let us go.”

His presence is what will make the difference.  He never promised us that storms would never come, but He promised He was in the boat with us.  He promised His presence, and it is His presence that renders the storm powerless.

King David said, “Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.”

Moses depended upon the presence of God so definitely that he said, “If your presence does not go with us, don’t take us from this place.”

Jesus said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

I’ve had friends that told me that they would always be there, “you can count on me,” but when things got ugly for me, when the storms were raging in my life, I looked around and they were nowhere to be found.  They were either gone or they became invisible.

Jesus is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, He was there in all my storms, even when I didn’t see Him, He was there!  Before I got clean and sober, He was there.  Before I had nice clothes to wear, He was there.  When I was a child and we lived in a tarpaper shack with no electricity and no running water, He was there!  Regardless of my circumstances, He’s always been there.  I haven’t always been able to enjoy His presence, especially when I was running from it, but He was right there waiting for me to become willing.  He has promised us, no matter what comes your way in life, I will be there with you.

In the scripture passage that I chose it says that, 'there arose a great storm.'  Arose means that it came up out of nowhere.  There was no warning, there was no early warning broadcast system, and there was no advance notice.  One minute everything was going good, all was smooth sailing, and then all of a sudden, the storm is upon you and its in-your-face.

One day you’re feeling fine, and then the next thing you know you’re hearing a bad report from a doctor saying, “I’m sorry there’s nothing else we can do for you.”

One day you think that your marriage is fine, and then suddenly you’re sitting across from your spouse and out of the clear blue sky they hit you with, “I want a divorce.”

One day you go to work and you thought you had job security, you had seniority, you had a nice little retirement building up and that golden parachute was on the horizon, then suddenly your ship starts to get tossed when you hear them say, “the economy is bad and the company is downsizing we have to let you go.”

Storms come and most of the time they appear with no warning, and there are storms in every life.
Living in the South you learn the difference between a common everyday type storm and a super cell storm.  The typical average storm may have a little wind and rain maybe even some thunder and lightning.  But a super cell can produce softball size hail it can produce winds over 100 miles an hour it can spawn multiple tornadoes it’s always filled with deadly lightning.  A super cell is self-perpetuating, the longer it lasts the stronger it gets.  The Bible says that this was, ‘a great storm.’ 

I believe this word is for someone who is in a storm, it’s not your average storm, it’s not just a little wind and rain, the storm you’re in is a ‘great storm.’  And your circumstances appear to be hopeless.  But I want you to know that when Jesus in in the boat, it’s never hopeless.

The devil wants to drown you; he wants to drown you in debt, drown you with sickness, drown you in fear and despair, and drown you in depression and confusion.  But I have a word from the Lord for you, you’re unsinkable.  Listen to what I am trying to tell you, God has a purpose for you and the destiny in you is greater than the storm you’re in.

So what do you do when you’re in the middle of the storm?  You go back to your word, go back to what the Lord spoke into your life and that word will get you through the storm.

Peter started to get out of the boat and onto the water.  I can almost hear the other disciples saying, “Are you on drugs dude?  Get back in this boat, you can’t walk on water, have you lost your mind?” But Peter said I’ve got a word, Jesus said ‘come.’

An anointed word from God spoken over your life will do for you:
What money can’t do
What education can’t do
What friends can’t do

Just one anointed word from the Lord will:
Open doors that were closed in your face.
Cause things to turn in your favor.
Hold you up when everything else is falling down.

Before any of the storms that I have faced came, the Lord gave me a word.  He gave me a word, but He never said there wouldn’t be obstacles, He never said there wouldn’t be problems, He never said there wouldn’t be things that rise up against me.  He never promised ‘victory without fighting.’

He never promised that there wouldn’t be attacks on my marriage, that sickness would never attack my body, that I would never have to fight a financial battle, or that my children would be perfect angels. He never told me that people wouldn’t lie on me, stab me in the back, or steal from me.  He never said I’d never have a broken heart, or that there wouldn’t be times when I’d cry myself to sleep. But he did say, ‘let us go,’ we’re in this together, and so I am not alone.

If you’re going to get to the other side there are some things you have to get over.
Somebody lied on you, get over it.
Somebody cheated on you, get over it.
Somebody else has the ministry you wanted, get over it!
They failed to invite you to some meeting, get over it!
Somebody abused you: mentally, emotionally, sexually, physically, and you hate them.  You’re holding unforgiveness in your heart toward them, you better get over it.

Your destiny depends on it, to get to the other side you have to get over it.

Don’t let what somebody did to you or didn’t do stop your destiny, it’s not worth it, they’re not worth it.

No man or woman is worth your destiny.

No amount of money is worth your destiny.

Watch out, your boat is taking on water.  I’m trying to reach someone who has let bitterness, resentment, and unforgiveness get into your boat.  You’ve let anger, jealousy, and a critical spirit into your life, and it’s filling your boat and if you don’t get rid of it you’re going to sink.  The only way you’re ever going to get to the other side is to get over it!

Get it out before it kills you, get it out before it sinks you, get it out before it destroys your marriage, get it out before it destroys any hope you have for a ministry, get it out before you say something or do something that you can’t undo, get it out before it sends you to hell.  I don’t know who I’m talking to but God said, “You better get it out.”

There is somebody on the other side of your storm whose life depends on you making it over.  There is somebody who is bound and it is your testimony that is going to set them free.  Someone you know is sick, and you’re going to lay hands on them and bring healing to them.  Someone in your own family is suicidal and God’s word in your life is going to speak hope to them and drive the darkness out of their lives.  Someone else is going through the greatest storm of their life and the testimony of how you made it through is going to help them make it.  You’ve going to make it, because you’ve got to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment